Monday, December 14, 2009

Untitled.

Some days it feels like the hardest thing
Is continuing to believe
Because people who say they love you, hurt you
People you think will stay, always leave
It seems like you’re in an uphill climb
New doors don’t open when one is shut
And what you’ve learnt from the scars you’ve earned
Is it’s safer to not get cut
I don’t blame you for being hesitant
We’re in a scary place to be
But when you lose your faith in the world
You can keep your faith in me
It’s pointless to go over the forks in your life
Wishing you had taken another road
It won’t repair the place you’re in
Or pay the debts that you are owed
I know it seems all you’ve learned from love
Is not to give in to your whims
But there’s no time that I’m happier
Than when I’m tangled in your limbs
There are a lot of times that life’s unfair
Nice guys classically finish last
It’s hard to see your glass half full
And hope your future beats your past
I know that you have every reason to doubt
The words that people say
But I will be your hand in the dark
To help you guide the way
I will stand beside you when you have no strength
Hold you up if you should falter
Showing you that our love’s a love
That even time can’t alter
We all have our reasons to run
Living’s a dangerous thing to do
But if you can help me get through each day
I’ll do the same for you

No comments:

Post a Comment